Done with your own hands can be almost any lamp: table, chandelier, bedside lamp, just a lamp and even shade. Believe me, it’s all very simple. However, before you start working, you still should be familiar with basic safety rules.
Homemade chandelier ideas
Good idea for the first-time hand made is a chandelier. For its production you will need a few of details. In general for any chandelier is necessary a cartridge and an ordinary lamp from the store. Furthermore, you will need only your imagination and creativity. Someone decorates lamps tulle, creating the image of a tutu. Somebody makes a lamp out of old wires, some people build lamps out of everyday materials that are no longer used at home.
If you have a beautiful old lamp and you want to do for her lampshade, you can begin with simple crafts. Lampshade for the lamp with your hands can be done without resorting to complicated techniques. For starters, you can try to update an old lampshade. This will not only help to fill your hand in the new case, but also decorate your interior.
DIY bedroom chandelier
First you need to decide which animal will make you happy light. Then find a pattern or to undo a ready-made toy. For this master class, we chose the Fox and was making the pattern.
Parts of the pattern come together, stapled. Then need to get the toy, but do not sew the base.
Once you tightly stuffed toy, and it took the form that you need, cover it with a thick layer of special sealing structure for the fabric. Leave to dry until the next day. Completely dried fabric is firm to the touch and resembles a shell.
When the toy is dry, take out all the filler. Convenient to do it using a pencil wrapped with double sided tape. It penetrates to the farthest corners of the figures and assemble there all the filler.
Align the base of the toy so that it swayed and stood up straight. Cut a hole for the electric wires.
Evenly place the led inside the toy thread, try to fill all the cavities: head, tail (if any).
You can only use led lights not to catch fire.
DIY mini chandelier
Do not rush to throw away glass jars of canned food – they can make absolutely exclusive lamp. A little effort and skill, and banks will turn into stylish lampshades for chandeliers.
You will need: 5 cans for canning with screw caps, 5 cables with cartridges led lamp with E14 socket, ceiling hook, dowel diameter 8 mm, drill bit for metal with a diameter of 4 mm, a pencil, a drill bit for concrete with a diameter of 8 mm, impact drill (model PSB 750 RCE from Bosch), rotary hammer (model Uneo from Bosch)
- Remove lids from cans. Remove the cartridge retaining ring. Attach it successively to each of the lid and outline the inner circle with a pencil.
- Drill as many holes caused by the ring circuit. Repeat with each cap. Use a drill and drill bit for metal with a diameter of 4 mm.
- Remove the “inner” part of the circle. Proceed with caution, taking care not to cut fingers on jagged edge. When you are finished with this operation, drill in the lid are still a few holes (use a drill with a diameter of 4 mm), evenly distributing them along the outer edge of the circle. These openings will further help to remove heat from burning lamps.
- Insert the socket with the cable in the hole in the lid and secure the fastening ring.
- It was now necessary to fasten the cables with cartridges on the ceiling. To do this, drill a hole in the place where you want to hang a chandelier. For this operation you will need a wireless battery drill. Insert the dowel hole with 8 mm diameter, then screw in the hook and hang the chandelier.